Sunday, May 16, 2010

I felt a little really bad about writing a story about the girls, so I wrote one about Hunt as well.  This one also got entered in the Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories contest--good luck to me!

Try, Try Again by Amy Harris 2010


If I fall down and scrape my knee when I’m playing soccer, I will get up and try, try again!

If I draw a picture and it doesn’t look quite right, I will get a new piece of paper and try, try again!

If I don’t get to the next level on my video game, I will restart and try, try again!

If I tie my shoes and they come untied when I stand up, I will sit down and try, try again!

If I make my bed and my little sisters come in and jump on it, I will jump for a bit, too, and then try, try again!

If I make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and all the jelly squishes out, I will pick up the butter knife and try, try again!

If the dog runs out of the bathroom in the soapy middle of his bath, I will chase him down and try, try again!

If I spell my name wrong at the top of my paper, I will use my eraser and try, try again!

If my head goes underwater and I get a mouthful while I’m trying to learn to swim, I will rest at the edge of the pool and then try, try again!

If I give my mom and dad a kiss and hug goodnight and still need a couple more, I will try, try again!

1 comment:

The 4-Crows Blog said...

I love it......so sweet!!!